Taiquese "Tater" Hicks, SMALL INTESTINE, PANCREAS AND LIVER RECIPIENT
Taiquese "Tater" Hicks,
SMALL INTESTINE, PANCREAS AND LIVER RECIPIENT
You can help save lives! Become a Donate Life Ambassador.
Volunteers are vital
LifeCenter Volunteers are vital to our mission to save, enhance and change lives through organ and tissue donation. We recognize them as Donate Life Ambassadors who make an immeasurable contribution in awareness and education about the importance of organ and tissue donation.
There are a variety of projects for LifeCenter volunteers to contribute their time and talent towards. Volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Guest Speaking at Area Schools, Service Clubs, Organizations, Churches, Hospitals and Businesses
- Managing Information Booths at area Health Fairs
- Office Projects including mailings, phone calls, light administrative work
- Assisting with Special Events
- Media interviews
- Visiting transplant recipients in the hospital
- Delivering materials to Bureau of Motor Vehicles offices, churches etc.
Who are LifeCenter Volunteers?
Our volunteers have a personal connection with organ and tissue donation or strongly support our mission. Volunteer support enables us to better serve patients and their families, strengthen community relations, and continue to provide educational outreach programs to the Tri-state area.
LifeCenter offers one-on-one volunteer training as well as yearly scheduled comprehensive volunteer courses and public speaker training.
This training includes detailed information about LifeCenter, organ and tissue donation, effective presentation skills, role plays and an opportunity to meet other LifeCenter volunteers and staff. All volunteers MUST attend at least one of these trainings in order to volunteer with LifeCenter.